Friday, December 26, 2008

A Year for the Books - WSJ.com

A Year for the Books - WSJ.com

I, too, am a reader and this is why I post this article by Peggy Noonan. Throughout my life reading has brought me great joy, and a solitude known only to those who love the written word. Perhaps this is why I admire Peggy Noonan so much. I grew up 5th through 10th grade) in McIntosh, SD. No TV, one radio station on a good night. I devoured the Bobsey Twins, the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, most of the westerns and had read all of Agatha Christie before 8th grade. What else do you do when there is really nothing else to do? My three children are all readers. We give books for Christmas. We indulge our fantacies and increase our knowledge. I hope Peggy Noonan is right---that Americans will now begin to read more. Jim

No comments: